Cisco Unified Communications Manager Call Recording
MiaRec supports different recording methods for Cisco Unified Communications Manager environment:
- Active call recording (Built-in-Bridge)
- Passive call recoridng (port mirroring)
Cisco active call recording (Built-in-Bridge)
How it works
Cisco Unified Communications Manager establishes SIP trunk to MiaRec recording server and notifies the latter when call is started. Cisco IP phone relays RTP media directly to the recorder. Phone can be located in remote location.
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager v.8.5.1 or newer (TAPI interface is not required)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager before v.8.5.1 (TAPI interface is required)
- Third generation or newer Cisco phones (Cisco Phones supporting Built-in-Bridge feature)
- Centralized management from Cisco CM Administration portal
- Supports geographically distributed environment when phones are located in different networks
Cisco passive call recording (port mirroring)
How it works
Cisco IP phones should be connected through a network switch, which supports port mirroring. MiaRec receives a copy (mirror) of every network packet, which is sent/received by Cisco IP phone.
MiaRec extracts call information and audio from this network traffic.
- Any version of Cisco IP phone
- Any version of Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Managed switch with port mirroring (SPAN) support (see A list of Switches with port mirroring)
- All IP phones should be located in the same network as MiaRec recording server
- Any version of Cisco IP phone is supported
- Easy installation and administration
- Unobtrusive technology. It doesn't require any configuration on Cisco UCM side
- Supports recording of IP phones even when CUCM is hosted and/or it is beyond of control (i.e. configuration of CUCM is not permitted).