Top 10 phrases to use in customer service
In a customer service environment the right language is truly important. If we are talking about sales calls it is even more important. Certain words and phrases can have a huge impact and either make or break the whole impression and the way a customer feels about your business.
Looking for an inexpensive way to improve your customer service? Here are 10 phrases that will make your customers feel loved and appreciated. Remember every single customer interaction counts!
- "My name is… How may I help you?" Such a simple question to ask but it is a great reminder for your customers that you are here to help them with their problems and make their life easier.
- "Thank you/ I appreciate your business." Show your customers that they are truly important and you appreciate they have chosen your company. There is never too much gratitude in customer service.
- "Please come see us again. / Please, call us again." It is not a secret that repeating customers are gold for any business, so do your best to keep your customers loyal.
- “I apologize for our mistake. Let me make it right.” This phrase should win a gold medal in customer service. When something goes wrong, most people just want to be heard. Your job, as a customer service representative, is to listen, apologize and then fix the situation in any possible way.
- "Let me look into this and see what I can find out for you." It is OK to not know answers to all questions. If you do not know how to help, promise to find out how and do it for your customer.
- “What else can I do for you?/ Is there anything else I can help you with? Show readiness to help your customers to make sure they are completely satisfied. They will remember and appreciate it.
- “Yes.” Such a simple, but the most powerful word. Being a “yes-person” will lead you to the success in customer service. Of course, there may be situations when you really have to say “No”, but there are so many ways to say it without disappointing your customers.
- “We really do appreciate this feedback, Mr./Mrs...” Good or bad, feedback is very important for your business. It allows you to improve your customer service and take it to the next level. 9 “What is most convenient for you?” Always ask what is convenient for your customers. This will make customers feel they come first.
- “You are very welcome/My pleasure.” Show your customer you are always happy to help. Helping people feels good anyway, doesn't it?
And last but not least, keep smiling and always sound positive.
Which phrases do you consider the most important in customer service?